CLOC Scholarship Program
The 2019/20 CLOC scholarship application has closed.
Please check back again in January 2020 for the 2020/21 CLOC scholarship application.
If you applied to the 2019/20 CLOC scholarship, you will be notified of our Scholarship Committee's decision by April 15, 2019. Thank you for your interest!
About the Scholarship:
This scholarship is for graduate degree (J.D., MBA, and other) students who have a business/metrics driven focus as it relates to the practice of law or have demonstrated an interest in Legal Operations. Candidates interested in the business of managing in-house legal department operations and driving the evolution of legal service delivery models are encouraged to apply.
CLOC will award up to 10 scholarships for $6,000 for the 2019/20 school year. Note: You must be a current student in the 2019/20 academic calendar year to apply. If you graduate in spring 2019, you are not eligible to apply. Scholarship recipients will also be invited to attend CLOC's annual Institute May 14-16, 2019 at the Bellagio in Las Vegas. All travel and hotel costs will be covered by CLOC and recipients who attend the Institute will be required to write two blog posts about their experience. All scholarship winners will also receive a one year membership to CLOC.
Thank you to CLOC's 2019/20 Scholarship Committee
Legal Operations Director, Sun Life Financial
CLOC Toronto Regional Lead
General Manager of Legal Operations, Delta Air Lines
CLOC Atlanta Regional Lead
Senior Director of Global Legal Operations, Mylan
CLOC Pittsburg Regional Lead
- The scholarship grant may only be used for educational expenses such as tuition, course materials, books, etc.
- An applicant can only receive the scholarship one time.
- An applicant may reapply for the scholarship if they have not previously been awarded the scholarship.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a current or entering student at an accredited graduate university in the United States and
- Be interested in pursuing a career in Legal Operations or business/metrics driven focus in the field of law.
Your application must include:
Your University Financial Aid Office contact information (email and phone number)
- Your personal financial need information
The following attachments:
- An essay about yourself and your interest in a career in Legal Operations
- An up-to-date resume
- A copy of your undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcript
- Applications must be submitted no later than February 28, 2019.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified by April 15, 2019 and the grant will be paid out at the beginning of the 2019-2020 academic year.
The scholarship will be awarded to the most promising applicants whose essays best show a genuine
interest in a Legal Operations career and the evolution of legal service delivery models.
The Committee will also consider prior work experience in Legal Operations or related fields.
If you have any questions, contact