April 18, 2023
By Jen BryanPage Reading Time: 2 minutes
San Jose, CA — The Corporate Legal Operations Consortium (CLOC), is proud to announce the ten winners of the CLOC Legal Operations Scholarship for 2023/2024. The scholarship program recognizes outstanding students enrolled in a graduate degree program focusing on the business of law or legal operations. The winners will be recognized at the CLOC Global Institute, to be held in Las Vegas, May 15-18, 2023.
This year’s scholarship winners were selected by a committee of CLOC Regional Leaders from a large pool of applicants. Each winner will receive a $6,000 scholarship award to be applied to their academic expenses. Other benefits include one-year membership to CLOC’s member-driven community, which provides access to educational opportunities, a regional leader mentor to guide them throughout the year, and a chance to participate in CLOC regional meetings. Winners also receive a complimentary pass to the CLOC Global Institute, where they can network with legal operations professionals from around the world.
“Enabling the growth and development of the next generation of legal operations professionals, who will drive innovation and transformation in the legal industry, is a top priority for CLOC,” said Mike Haven, president of CLOC’s Board of Directors.
Winners were selected based on their scholastic achievement, extracurricular activities, leadership abilities, academic and personal goals, and an essay summarizing educational goals, legal operations acumen, and future career plans.
The CLOC Legal Operations Scholarship program was established in 2016, and since then, CLOC has awarded $376,000 in scholarship awards.
Congratulations to the CLOC 2023/2024 Scholarship Winners:
- Roy Auh, Georgetown University
- Cameron M. Campbell, Belmont University College of Law
- Connor J. Hansen, J. Reuben Clark Law School, Brigham Young University
- Katherine Hsu, Northwestern School of Law
- Yashica Kataria, NYU School of Law
- Sydney Payton, Harvard Law School
- Kimberly K. Nowakowski, Florida State University
- Carla E. Ocampo, Point Loma Nazarene University
- Caitlin E. Parker, University of Maryland, Robert H. Smith School of Business
- Tram Tran, Harvard Law School
For more information on the Corporate Legal Operations Consortium, visit cloc.org.