April 29, 2021
By Nicole CoteReading Time: 2 minutes
San Jose, CA — The Corporate Legal Operations Consortium (CLOC), the leader in optimizing legal services delivery models and moving the business of law forward, has announced the names of ten winners of the CLOC Legal Operations Scholarship for 2021/2022. Winners will be recognized at CLOC’s upcoming virtual annual event, the CLOC Global Institute, May 10-13 2021.
This year marks the sixth year CLOC has awarded scholarships since its inception in 2016. Over five years, CLOC has awarded nearly $260,000 in scholarship awards to be applied toward education that focuses on the business of law. A committee comprised of CLOC Regional Leaders and Board Members selected and approved the scholarship recipients from a large pool of applicants. Applicants were judged on their scholastic achievement, extracurricular activities, leadership abilities, academic and personal goals, and an essay summarizing educational goals, legal operations acumen, and future career plans.
To be eligible, the students had to be enrolled in a graduate degree (J.D., MBA, and other) program and have a business/metrics-driven focus as it relates to the practice of law or have demonstrated an interest in Legal Operations. Students who are interested in the business of managing in-house legal department operations and driving the evolution of legal service delivery models were also included in the selection.
CLOC is awarding ten $6,000 scholarships to each winner for the 2021/2022 school year. In addition, the winners receive
- A one-year membership to CLOC’s member-driven community which will allow them to engage with CLOC members, learn from those who are changing the industry and participate in the educational opportunities that CLOC provides.
- A regional leader mentor in the CLOC community to help guide them throughout the school year, as well as the opportunity to participate in CLOC regional meetings.
- A complimentary all access pass to the May 10-13, 2021 CLOC Global Institute where they can meet and network with legal operations professionals from around the world.
Congratulations to the CLOC 2021/2022 Scholarship Winners:
• Arnold Mackenzie, Harvard Law School
• Andrew Taylor, Mitchell Hamline School of Law
• Caitriona Pagni, The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
• Norman Alexander, University of Missouri
• Kelsey Berteaux, University of Utah
• Jami Fiorito, Washington State University
• Barbara Tsao, Harvard Law School
• Rachel Sanford, Georgia State University School of Law
• Sbhat Ahmad, George Mason University
• Jesse Messmer, Suffolk University
To learn more about each winner, visit cloc.org/scholarship-winners.