CLOC Brand Guidelines
1. License Requirement. All CLOC trademarks, logos, service marks, trade dress, slogans, copyrighted designs or other brand features (collectively “Brand Features”) will be used only as explicitly licensed by CLOC, and only under the terms and conditions and for the purposes described in such License. The other party to the License granted by CLOC is referred to as the “Licensee”. To the extent they may differ with the general terms below, the specific terms of the License govern all use of the Brand Features by the Licensee.
2. Approval. All specific uses of any CLOC Brand Features must be approved in advance by CLOC Marketing. You may request approval by submitting a request to info@CLOC.org, and we will provide you with a Request for Permission form. You must also include complete samples of each proposed use. Your request will be reviewed and responded to within fourteen (14) business days or as soon as reasonably possible, but CLOC is under no obligation to respond. You may not use Brand Features unless and until CLOC has granted its specific approval and any and all conditions of such approval have been fulfilled by the Licensee.
3. Logo Appearance. The Licensee will ensure that the presentation of the CLOC Brand Features will be consistent with CLOC’s own use of the CLOC Brand Features in comparable media. From time to time during the term of the License, CLOC may provide to Licensee written guidelines as to the size, typeface, colors, and other graphic characteristics of the CLOC Brand Features, which upon delivery to the Licensee shall be deemed to be incorporated into the License and into these Guidelines.
4. Notices. All trademarks and service marks included in the CLOC Brand Features will be designated with “SM”, “TM” or “®”, in the manner directed by CLOC.
5. Use Restrictions. The CLOC Brand Features will not be presented or used: a) in a manner that suggests that editorial content has been authored or endorsed by, or represents the views or opinions of, CLOC or any CLOC personnel or affiliate; b) in a manner that is misleading, defamatory, libelous, obscene, infringing or otherwise objectionable; c) in connection with any material that infringes the trademark, copyright or any other rights of any third party; d) as part of a name of a product or service of a company other than CLOC; or e) in a manner that infringes, derogates, dilutes, or impairs the rights of CLOC in the Brand Features. CLOC shall have complete discretion to evaluate Licensee’s use and to decide whether that use violates any of the foregoing restrictions.
6. CLOC’s Benefit. CLOC reserves the right to change the appearance of the CLOC Brand Features at any time without notice. Any use of the CLOC Brand Features shall inure to the benefit of CLOC. By using the Brand Features pursuant to CLOC’s approval, you acknowledge CLOC’s ownership of all Brand Features and warrant that you will not take any action which is inconsistent with CLOC’s ownership.
7. Nonexclusive Remedy. The Licensee will make any changes to its use of the CLOC Brand Features as are requested by CLOC. This remedy is in addition to any other legal remedies to which CLOC may be entitled in relation to Licensee’s use of CLOC Brand Features.
November 2016 v1.0jhf