August 16, 2021
By Nicole CoteReading Time: 2 minutes
Last month, we shared news about SALI’s LMSS 2.0 roadmap and events. This month’s update highlights new members and endorsers and discusses more about 2.0 and our global activities. As usual, there is also important news about upcoming events, and we encourage you to attend and participate online or in person!
NEW MEMBERS AND ENDORSERS
SALI Alliance is proud to welcome the following new members:
- Courtroom Insight
- Sheppard Mullin
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas, William Boyd School of Law
LMSS AROUND THE WORLD
SALI is a global standard. Coming off the heels of our recent Canada-project success, we are looking for other teams to help assess LMSS fit for other jurisdictions and geographies. Please contact us if you are interested in joining or leading a working group in your country!
ANNOUNCING LMSS 2.0
After more than a year of development, feedback, and iteration, we will be releasing the next version of LMSS, 2.0, which will build on 1.0 in many ways:
- Litigation Deep Dive. Litigation deep dive addresses causes of action, document types, phases, and other matter attributes. This permits robust matter definition and categorization of a wide variety of dispute types.
- Engagement Terms. Terms defines the matter’s business arrangement between client and law firm, including fee structure, scope, restrictions, among other engagement attributes.
- Events. Defines key milestones in a matter.
- Courts. Defines and extends the code for hundreds of additional new state court codes.
- Canada Project. Defines Canadian-specific areas of law additions and refinements.
- Industry Standards Integration. Addresses mapping to existing industry standards including UTBMS and PACER nature of suit codes.
In addition, we will be formalizing the IRI unique identifiers for each node in the standard that, until now, have been in development in our WebProtegé platform. This enhancement will provide greater efficiency in code machine reading while providing scalability and flexibility as we grow the standard.
These enhancements offer backward compatibility for those deployed with LMSS 1.0, retaining prior LMSS nodes and categories. In our subsequent updates, mapping guidance will be offered as necessary.
KEY DATES AND EVENTS
- August 24, 2021, 2-3 pm PT/5-6 pm ET. The SALI Alliance will be hosting a hybrid roundtable event, with the option to attend in-person at ILTACON in Mandalay Bay Ballroom B, or online from anywhere. Register here to add the event to your calendar.
- September 2021. Release of LMSS 2.0, containing adjustments, modifications, and enhancements to 1.0 including the above additions.
- October 6-8, 2021. The SALI Alliance will host another hybrid roundtable event, with the option to attend in-person at LVNX or online from anywhere (details forthcoming).
- Spring 2022. Release of LMSS 2.1 (details forthcoming).
For more information, or to receive communications from the SALI Alliance, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW CAN I LEARN MORE?
We welcome your input and your involvement! The most complete, practical standard can only be realized by continued contributions and adoption from organizations throughout the legal industry, particularly legal operations professionals and in-house counsel teams.
A link to the standard, which anyone can use at no cost, can be found at SALI.org.
In addition, there are a number of active and pending conversations to join, including:
- International working groups
- Area of law working groups
- Open forums for questions, feedback, and discussion among current and potential adopters